There are only two types of headlines: those that get clicked, and those that don't.
If you want more traffic, more readers, more viewers, more subscribers, and ultimately more sales...
You need better headlines!
“On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar.” David Ogilvy, advertising maven.
However, as busy entrepreneurs, we don't have a week to spend gazing out of a window over Madison Avenue to ponder our headline. This means we need some extra help.
Our Favorite Headline Tools:
In this article, I've rounded up the most useful headline tools to speed up your process of writing enticing headlines. There are both analyzer and generator tools. The headline idea generator tools sometimes spit out headlines that make no sense at all. But then you'll suddenly find that perfect gem of a headline that sparks your creativity and brings in the traffic your carefully crafted content deserves. So give those a try too.
Leave a comment and let me know which ones you're going to try and add in any that I've missed.
- Co-Schedule Headline Analyzer
- Emotional Marketing Value headline Tool – When creating a headline, I typically pop my idea into the Co-Schedule Analyzer tool first and then into this tool. Then I tweak it. The headline for this post has an intellectual theme and is 55% emotional.
- The Sharethrough Headline Tool
- Portent Title Maker – This tool will have you in stitches, but it will also generate some powerful headlines. If you need inspiration, this is where you start.
- Blog About
- Hubspot Blog Post Idea Generator
- Titles that Sell
- Blog Title Idea Generator
- Answer the Public – questions that people are searching out answers for.
- Content Idea Generator – This tool asks you 18 different questions and gives you some great insights and ideas for content
- Headline Generator – This headline tool will indicate if a headline is an evergreen or clickbait
- Tweak Your Biz Title Generator
One final tool that we use here is WordTune. This is a Chrome extension, and you can use it to turn your ho-hum headline into a much more interesting one. You have 20 “tunes” a day for free, or it's just over 100 bucks for a year of unlimited tunes. You can use it on its own, or with one of the tools listed above.
Don't have time to write all those blog posts you need to attract more traffic to your site?
Check out our pre-written blog posts (and emails!). You can customize and edit them as much as you want, then publish them as your own, under your own name.
And remember to change the headline to something click-worthy by using one of the tools I've shared!