How to Build an Email List from Scratch
Start Building Your Most Valuable Business Asset Today
In How to Build an Email List from Scratch, you’ll get everything you need to create a self-study eBook, online course, or valuable learning resource on how to start building your most valuable business asset.
Why share or sell ‘How to Build an Email List from Scratch'?
One of the most valuable assets any successful business has is a targeted email list.
It's your direct line of communication to each of your followers, allowing you to:
So why doesn't every business owner focus on building an email list?
Usually it's because they're either overwhelmed by the idea, haven't gotten around to it yet, or haven't had success with email marketing in the past.
And often it's because they're sucked into the tempatation of trendy, shiny marketing tactics that may or may not give results.
But email marketing is proven to work. In fact,
73% of senior-level marketers believe email marketing is core to their business,
…as email is a critical touchpoint along the customer journey. (Salesforce)
And with our course on ‘How to Build an Email List from Scratch‘, you'll help your audience create and implement this priceless piece of their business.
You'll walk your students through a step-by-step process for identifying exactly who they want to attract, putting in place all the pieces needed to get those people subscribed (on autopilot), and leveraging their list to supercharge their success.
Even better, when you purchase a license to How to Build an Email List from Scratch, you’ll get the rights to edit the content any way you want, put your name and brand on, and repurpose it into whatever format you want.
Here's what you'll teach in How to Build an Email List from Scratch…
There are 9 modules and an introduction in the course, which can easily be delivered as a self-study eBook, membership site resource, or online course. Here's an overview of each module:
You'll kickstart the course by giving a quick overview and explaining what people will be able to do by the time they're done, so that they're excited to jump in and start learning.
- Module 1: Start with the Essentials for a Valuable Email List
In the first module, you'll discuss the value of email marketing and present the key actions students will need to take to build their email list. You'll then guide them through how to set realistic goals for their list-building activities, so they can make steady progress towards their objective of having a targeted list that grows their business.
- Module 2: Define Your Target Audience
There’s no point building a large list just for the sake of it. A smaller, focused list will serve your business better. In Module 2, you'll show your students how to describe the ideal customer they want on their email list, so that they'll be able to create the most relevant and valuable content to engage subscribers.
- Module 3: Plot Your Customer’s Journey
Your email list is a key tool for guiding customers through a journey from prospect to loyal, repeat buyer. But you can only use your list effectively if you know the steps you want people to take on that journey. In Module 3, you'll show your students how to plot the journey they want their clients and customers to take once they have subscribed, so your students have clear objectives about how to nurture relationship with subscribers … and generate more business down the line
- Module 4: Create an Enticing Lead Magnet
Your students now know the customers and clients they want to attract, and where they want to take those people after they've subscribed. But how do they actually convert their target audience to email list subscribers? In Module 4, you'll show your students how to motivate their ideal customer to sign up for their list by offering a valuable gift that solves one specific challenge… and showcases their talent at the same time.
- Module 5: Set Up Your Automated List Building System
Your students have their free gift to entice people onto their list, so now they need a way for those target subscribers to provide their email address and receive their gift and future emails. That's where an email marketing platform and autoresponder come in, along with opt-in forms and pages. In Module 5, you'll help your students set up the critical systems they need for building their list, so that ther list building can run on autopilot while they focus on other areas of their business.
- Module 6: Write and Schedule Your First Relationship-Building Email Sequence
Now that potential clients and customers have ‘raised their hands’ and said ‘yes, I want to know more’, your students need to make sure that subscribers remain engaged and don't just unsubscribe from their list. In Module 6, you'll guide your students through writing their first follow-up email sequence to nurture their subscriber relationships, so that they build a community of people who will be interested in receiving their offers of help.
- Module 7: Start Growing Your List of Subscribers
So your students have their opt-in box, their opt-in page, and their first emails all ready to go. How will people know it’s there? Your students need to get people (or ‘traffic’) to their opt-in page and forms to sign up for their gift and start the relationship. In Module 7, you'll give your students a variety of methods for attracting people to their email opt-in, so that they keep building their list consistently every month.
- Module 8: Measure Your List Building Progress
Your students will want to know how all this hard work is paying off. They particularly want to know how successful they are being at creating and nurturing relationships with potential clients and customers. In Module 8, you'll show your students how to monitor the rising numbers on their list, so they can measure how effective their strategies are and where they need to adjust to attract more subscribers.
- Module 9: Plan Future Content and Offers
Once your students have reflected on their progress, they'll want to make plans for going further to accelerate their business and give value to their customers. In this concluding module, you’ll help your students make a plan to include additional ways to continue driving traffic to their opt-in page, so that their list keeps expanding and their business revenue grows as a result. And, you'll have them identify valuable follow-up content they can offer to keep potential customers engaged, so that their subscribers gradually grow to know, like, and trust them.
And to teach the program above, here's exactly what you'll get in the How to Build an Email List from Scratch – Beacon package:
- Course Book (14,441 words, 83 pages) All the content and activity instructions you need to create a comprehensive self-study eBook, online course, bonus resource, or handout for a live workshop (Value $1997)
- Action Guide (30 pages) – A complete set of worksheets which helps your students take action on what they learn in the Course Book, so you’ll have happy, successful customers
- Summary Cheat Sheet (4,261 words, 32 pages) which includes the main takeaways, key points, and action steps from the course. You and your students can use it as a quick reference to save time, versus having to refer to the book every time
- Graphics (21 colorful graphics that are used in the course book and slideshow, .pdf, .ppt & .png). These give a snapshot view of concepts, as well as adding some visual zing
- Course Overview Infographic – A 1-page at-a-glance visual of the course, so your students always know where they are in their progress (.pptx, .pdf & .png)
- Suggested Curriculum – We've hand-picked 12 topics from our catalog that you can use to put together a longer series or membership site (plus a coupon for 40% off each!)
NOTE: This self-study course is also included in a our larger ‘Blaze' package, which includes lead generation content and instructor materials (including slides).
For instance, here are just some of the ways you can use How to Build an Email List from Scratch:
- Use a section of the content as a free giveaway to get more email subscribers on your list
- Use the summary cheat sheet to help you create slides. Then run a webinar, live presentation, or create video content. (Or grab the complete Blaze package for this course, which includes the done-for-you slides and more!)
- Customize and sell your own ecourse and follow it up with additional coaching or more in-depth training on each sub-topic.
- Use sections of the content for an autoresponder series that pre-sells the entire course, all combined as a paid ebook or online course.
- Add the content to your paid membership site as a valuable learning resource
- Share the graphics, infographics, and tweets on social media to promote the course (paid or as a lead magnet), or just to drive traffic to your site
- Include this course as a high-value bonus to another program, to enable you to increase your prices AND drive more sales
- Combine this course with other courses at Content Sparks to create a longer educational series or curriculum. We even planned out a suggested curriculum for you that's inside your download (with discounts on your thank-you page, after you purchase a license)
Screenshot previews of all your content in “How to Build an Email List from Scratch”:
Contents are delivered as .docx, pptx and .xls. Images are .pptx, .pdf & .png
As you can see, Content Sparks products pack in a lot of value.
That’s because as sales and marketing specialists, we develop top-notch material for you.
So you don’t have to spend months to research the topic, narrow down the key points, outline a logical flow, design learning activities, write all the content, develop worksheets and checklists, create the slideshow, design graphics, edit and proofread everything, and make it look professional.
And you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to hire a team to do all of that for you.
Instead, you can easily and quickly create your own product…
With help from a company with a long track record of success…
You can earn more money, work fewer hours, and become the authority in your market.
All for significantly less than trying to do the same thing on your own.
Your Price Today
Here’s How Done-For-You Products From Content Sparks Will Boost Your Revenue
Hi, I’m Sharyn Sheldon, founder of Content Sparks.
After starting my very first small business, I found myself stuck…
I knew that creating my own sales and marketing products would take my business to the next level…
However, I didn’t have the time to create all of the content myself, and I didn’t have the budget to hire a team to help me.
Then I discovered brandable, done-for-you content.
In month one, I saved $2,000 of my time and EARNED several hundred dollars in commissions.
Still, I noticed that the brandable content I was buying wasn’t designed for learning and getting results. It wasn't written by sales and marketing experts…and it definitely was not all up to my standards.
That's why I created Content Sparks, to provide high-quality, done-for-you sales and marketing courses.
Today our team has created business training programs for Fortune 500 companies and small businesses for over 30 years… courses that gets results.
Just imagine this scenario:
- You have a high-quality, brandable, done-for-you course in just minutes…
- You share or sell the course for a fraction of the cost of starting from scratch…
- You expand your reputation as a go-to resource, and sales go up
In fact, here’s what business owners just like you have to say about Content Sparks:
This is first-rate stuff—highly recommended. Period.”–Daniel Ulin
Again, this is Sharyn Sheldon, and thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoy teaching How to Build an Email List from Scratch, and I’m so excited to see what it’s going to do for your business and for your customers!
Founder, Content Sparks
Our content is the highest quality you'll find…
There's PROOF that Content Sparks products work….
And since it's EASIER to do this than to do it all yourself, why not give it a shot?
Your Price Today
Still not sure? Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions:
What does my license allow me to do with my Content Sparks content?
Your license gives you the rights to edit or cut up the content into sections, combine it with other content, or transform it to other media formats (such as audio, video, graphics, etc).
You can then share or sell the content with paid customers or prospects who have given you contact details.
The exception is the content meant for promotion, such as tweets, blog posts, and graphics. You can publish those freely anywhere on the web to drive traffic to your site and offers.
What am I NOT allowed to do with my Content Sparks content?
You are not allowed to sell or give away a license or the editable files to anyone else. That means you can NOT sell or share the Private Label Rights (PLR), Resell Rights, or Master Resell Rights to anyone.
Also, you are not allowed to publish the content freely on the web where anyone can read or download it, including free membership sites or forums. The exception is promotional materials, as mentioned above. This protects the value of your content.
Do I have to rewrite the content?
You have the option to rewrite it if you choose, but it is not necessary. However, we recommend that you rewrite and add to any web-based content that you want found by search engines (like Google), so that it will rank higher in search engines. Adding value to existing content is also important, such as additional images, examples, stories, or lists of resources. By adding your own personal examples and experience, you'll boost your reputation and credibility exponentially.
What should I charge for the content once I've made it into a product?
Pricing your content is always a challenge and it depends on your own market. Some people charge $97 for a webinar series. Others add it to a $27/month paid membership program each month. And some have charged as much as $1997 for a full training program with coaching added.
Take a look at what competitors and similar businesses are charging in your industry. Then find your own middle ground based on how you want to position yourself.
We recommend that you never charge less than $27 and charge more if you're adding live or video elements. Charge even more if you're adding coaching.
If I want to set up a sales funnel, how do I get started?
We have a number of tutorials and videos in our blog, as well as a list of our favorite resources we use in our own business.
Start by watching these tutorials:
And get ideas for resources to use here:
How can I get help if I need it?
You can always contact our support desk here:
You should expect an answer within 24 hours, except on weekends.