How to Start an Online Store
A Step-by-Step Guide to Building Your Own eCommerce Business
With How to Start an Online Store, you’ll get everything you need to create your own webinar, workshop, lead magnet, or paid product on how to build your own ecommerce business, step-by-step.
Why share or sell ‘How to Start an Online Store'?
When was the last time you bought something online? Today? Yesterday? Probably, at a minimum, you purchase something online once a month.
After all, when you're busy or can't get out to a bricks and mortar store, buying online is the logical solution. And there are a lot of things you can't even get in a physical store.
Whether you're an entrepreneur wanting to start a new business or you're an existing small business owner….
Online stores give you 24/7 access to customers around the world who want your products.
But that's not all. An online store also:
- Enables you to offer MORE products… without having to expand your retail space
- Makes it easy for your customers to buy from you… since they don't have to leave their homes
- Increases your revenue… especially if you currently only have a bricks and mortar store
And with all the existing ecommerce platforms available today,…
You can start your own with minimal time and expense.
Is starting an online store something your audience would be interested in?
If so, there are still quite a few questions they'll need to answer and options to navigate to make sure their store will be successful.
And it's difficult for your audience to do that on their own.
Luckily, you're going to be there to help them get started on the right track.
You don’t even have to create any of the course content yourself!
With our brandable, Ready-to-Teach (PLR) course materials, you can quickly launch your own program on How to Start an Online Store in as little as a weekend.
You’ll teach your students or coaching clients how to:
- Define your expectations, set goals, and plan your budget for your online store
- Describe your target market, so that you can predict the behaviors, motivations, and goals of your potential customers
- Choose your niche, so that you can choose products that will sell to your specific audience
- Find the best products in that niche, so that you can meet your audience’s needs and run a successful online store
- Identify the legal entity and essential requirements for your store, so that you know you’re operating within the law of your country or state
- Choose the best online store platform for your business and define the branding you will use to create a coherent brand message
- Set up your store with enticing photos and product descriptions, so that you can start selling
- Start attracting customers to your store, so that you can begin to bring in revenue
(Note: The course does not go through the technical set up of an online store. Each platform has its own tutorials, so you can direct your students there or recommend an ecommerce platform that you're already familiar with – such as Shopify or WooCommerce.)
Here's your students' Success Roadmap for How to Start an Online Store:
[Check out the Module Overviews below for more details on what you'll cover in the course.]
Our brandable, easy-to-customize program is divided into separate modules so it can be quickly broken up to deliver sections over time – to avoid overwhelm and give time for implementation.
Best of all, everything is editable and rebrandable.
So you can learn from it yourself if you want to set up your own online store,
AND, you can use the same materials to help your audience.
That's because when you purchase a license to our customizable (PLR) courses, you get the rights to:
- Edit the content any way you want
- Put your name and brand on, and
- Repurpose it into whatever media you want
Then use your new course to…
- Attract a flood of leads for your other products and services
- Expand your reputation as an expert with online courses, webinars, workshops, videos, and more
- Provide resources for your clients to help them get results (and win their lasting devotion)
- Create a nice new income stream with a paid program (it can even run on autopilot)
You'll be helping your audience master the skills they need to start a successful online store.
And… you'll be adding a major asset to your own business (a course!) that will take it to a whole new level.
Here's what you'll teach in How to Start an Online Store…
There are 5 modules in the course, an introduction, and concluding action planning. The course can easily be delivered as a self-study eBook, membership site resource, or online course.
Here's an overview of each module's learning outcomes:
You'll start out with an overview of the course and what your students will learn, so that everyone is excited to jump in and get going.
Module 1 – Why Do You Want an Online Store?
You'll need clear goals from the beginning to establish a path to success.
In Module 1, you'll help your students define their expectations for their online store, set goals, and plan their budget so they have a solid foundation for launching their store.
Module 2 – What Are You Going to Sell and To Whom?
Before you can start marketing and selling your products online, you need to figure out who you’re selling to and what you want to sell.
In Module 2, you'll show your students how to define their target market, choose their niche, and decide on the products that they'll offer in their online store.
- Lesson 1: Define Your Target Market – In Lesson 1, you'll teach your students how to describe their target market so that they can predict the behaviors, motivations, and goals of their potential customers.
- Lesson 2: Choose Your Niche – In Lesson 2, you'll guide your students to narrowing down their niche so that they can choose products that their audience will want to buy.
- Lesson 3: Find Your Product – In Lesson 3, you'll explore how your students can find or create different types of products in their niche, so that they can meet their audience’s needs and run a profitable online store.
Module 3 – Create Your Online Store
Your eCommerce site needs to be up and running before you begin to sell anything.
In Module 3, you'll help your students get their online stores ready to go by reviewing legal status, choosing their platform and branding, and going through essential setup aspects.
- Lesson 1: Legality – In Lesson 1, you'll discuss how your students can get the information they need for meeting essential requirements for their store, so that they know they're operating within the laws of their country or state. (You will probably want to edit this module to provide relevant links to resources for your country.)
- Lesson 2: Choose Your Platform and Brand Your Store – In Lesson 2, you'll walk through how your students can choose the best online store platform for their business and how to define the branding they will use to create a coherent brand message. (Have a favorite eCommerce platform? Here's a great place to customize your new course with your recommendations AND affiliate link.)
- Lesson 3: Set Up Your Online Store – In Lesson 3, you'll explore the basics your students will need to do to set up their store with enticing photos and product descriptions so that they can start selling. (Actual tech set up will vary by platform, so there are links to example eCommerce options.)
Module 4 – Attract Customers and Make Sales
Now you have your store set up and are ready to sell, you’ll need to find ways to tell people about it.
In Module 4, you'll show your students how to start attracting customers to their store so that they can begin to bring in revenue.
Module 5 – Conclusion & Next Steps
In Module 5, you'll review the 3 pillars of an online store – Where, How, and What you sell, making sure your students have all 3 pillars in place and are ready to start selling.
You'll also give your students time to review the course, helping them to consolidate and implement their learning and plan future action steps so they can achieve the goals they set for this course.
And to teach the program above, here's exactly what you'll get in the How to Start an Online Store:
- Course Book (9,200 words, 58 pages) – All the content and activity instructions you need to create a comprehensive self-study eBook, online course, bonus resource, or handout for a live workshop (Value $1997).
- Action Guide (39 pages) – A complete set of worksheets which helps your students take action on what they learn in the Course Book, so you’ll have happy, successful students.
- Online Store Budget Spreadsheet – A place for you to estimate your budget, record your actual costs, and compare the two. (.xlsx)
- Online Store Set-Up Checklist – The step-by-step process for setting up your online store. (.docx)
- Summary Cheat Sheet (4,752 words, 28 pages) which includes the main takeaways, key points, and action steps from the course. You and your students can use it as a quick reference to save time, versus having to refer to the course book every time. (TIP: Our customers love using the cheat sheet to identify what they want to customize in the course, and for sales copy snippets.)
- Graphics (26 colorful graphics that are used in the course book and slideshow, .pdf, .ppt & .png). These give a snapshot view of concepts, as well as adding some visual zing.
- Course Overview Infographic – A 1-page at-a-glance visual of the course, so your students always know where they are in their progress (.pptx, .pdf & .png).
- Course Roadmap Infographic – A 1-page at-a-glance visual of their path through the course (.pptx, .pdf & .png).
- Slideshow (154 Slides) – Ready to fire up your recording software or share on webinars, online classrooms, and live presentations or workshops (Takes at least a day to create or $600 to outsource)
- Speaker Notes (in Slide Notes below slides) – Use the script under the slides (in the .pptx) to guide your presentations and recording. Ready to customize for your language
- Suggested Curriculum
- Top Ways to Deliver Your Training Program – Use our tips for picking the best way to deliver your course, based on your audience and your own skills
- Instructions for using your new content – Step-by-step tips for getting started, customizing, and repurposing your content
Lead Generation Materials
- Social Media Posts (10 Tips for sharing on social media) – Use these to get more traffic to your content
Here are just some of the ways you can use How to Start an Online Store:
- Use a section of the content as a free giveaway to get more email subscribers on your list
- Use the slides and speaking notes to run a webinar. Then follow up with paid coaching or consulting sessions
- Customize and sell your own ecourse and follow it up with additional coaching or more in-depth training on each sub-topic.
- Use sections of the content for an autoresponder series that pre-sells the entire course, all combined as a paid ebook, webinar, or live workshop.
- Use the slides and speaker notes to create a video series for your clients, with the worksheets as downloads to accompany each video.
- Add the content to your paid membership site as a valuable learning resource
- Share the graphics, infographics, and tweets on social media to promote the course (paid or as a lead magnet), or just to drive traffic to your site
- Combine this course with other courses at Content Sparks to create a longer educational series or curriculum
Screenshot previews of all your content in “How to Start an Online Store“:
Contents are delivered as .docx, pptx and .xls. Images are .pptx, .pdf & .png.
As you can see, Content Sparks products pack in a lot of value.
That’s because as sales and marketing specialists, we develop top-notch material for you.
So you don’t have to spend months to research the topic, narrow down the key points, outline a logical flow, design learning activities, write all the content, develop worksheets and checklists, create the slideshow, design graphics, edit and proofread everything, and make it look professional.
And you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to hire a team to do all of that for you.
Instead, you can easily and quickly create your own product…
With help from a company with a long track record of success…
You can earn more money, work fewer hours, and become the authority in your market.
All for significantly less than trying to do the same thing on your own.
Your Price Today
Here’s How Done-For-You Products From Content Sparks Will Boost Your Revenue
Hi, I’m Sharyn Sheldon, founder of Content Sparks.
After starting my very first online business, I found myself stuck…
I knew that creating my own sales and marketing products would take my new business to the next level…
However, I didn’t have the time to create all of the content myself, and I didn’t have the budget to hire a team to help me.
Then I discovered brandable, done-for-you content.
In month one, I saved $2,000 of my time and EARNED several hundred dollars in commissions.
Still, I noticed that the brandable content I was buying wasn’t designed for learning and getting results. It wasn't written by sales and marketing experts…and it definitely was not all up to my standards.
That's why I created Content Sparks – to provide high-quality, done-for-you sales and marketing courses.
Today our team has created business training programs for Fortune 500 companies and small businesses for over 30 years… courses that gets results.
Just imagine this scenario:
- You have a high-quality, brandable, done-for-you course in just minutes…
- You share or sell the course for a fraction of the cost of starting from scratch…
- You expand your reputation as a go-to resource AND have a source of passive income
In fact, here’s what business owners just like you have to say about Content Sparks:
This is first-rate stuff—highly recommended. Period.”–Daniel Ulin
Again, this is Sharyn Sheldon, and thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoy teaching How to Start an Online Store, and I’m so excited to see what it’s going to do for your business and for your customers!
Founder, Content Sparks
Our content is the highest quality you'll find…
There's PROOF that Content Sparks products work….
And since it's EASIER to do this than to do it all yourself, why not give it a shot?
Your Price Today
Still not sure? Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions:
What does my license allow me to do with my Content Sparks content?
Your license gives you the rights to edit or cut up the content into sections, combine it with other content, or transform it to other media formats (such as audio, video, graphics, etc).
You can then share or sell the content with paid customers or prospects who have given you contact details.
The exception is the content meant for promotion, such as tweets, blog posts, and graphics. You can publish those freely anywhere on the web to drive traffic to your site and offers.
What am I NOT allowed to do with my Content Sparks content?
You are not allowed to sell or give away a license or the editable files to anyone else. That means you can NOT sell or share the Private Label Rights (PLR), Resell Rights, or Master Resell Rights to anyone.
Also, you are not allowed to publish the content freely on the web where anyone can read or download it, including free membership sites or forums. The exception is promotional materials, as mentioned above. This protects the value of your content.
Do I have to rewrite the content?
You have the option to rewrite it if you choose, but it is not necessary. However, we recommend that you rewrite and add to any web-based content that you want found by search engines (like Google), so that it will rank higher in search engines. Adding value to existing content is also important, such as additional images, examples, stories, or lists of resources. By adding your own personal examples and experience, you'll boost your reputation and credibility exponentially.
What should I charge for the content once I've made it into a product?
Pricing your content is always a challenge and it depends on your own market. Some people charge $97 for a webinar series. Others add it to a $27/month paid membership program each month. And some have charged as much as $1997 for a full training program with coaching added.
Take a look at what competitors and similar businesses are charging in your industry. Then find your own middle ground based on how you want to position yourself.
We recommend that you never charge less than $27, depending on the length of the program, and charge more if you're adding live or video elements. Charge even more if you're adding coaching.
If I want to set up a sales funnel, how do I get started?
We have a number of tutorials and videos in our blog, as well as a list of our favorite resources we use in our own business.
Start by watching these tutorials:
And get ideas for resources to use here:
How can I get help if I need it?
You can always contact our support desk here:
You should expect an answer within 24 hours, except on weekends.