How to Teach an Online Course
Practical Strategies & Skills for Teaching Recorded & Live Online Training
With How to Teach an Online Course, you’ll get everything you need to create your own webinar, workshop, lead magnet, or paid product on practical strategies & skills for teaching both recorded video course content & live online training programs.
IMPORTANT: This course assumes that your students already have their online course created. If they don't have one, you'll want to get a license to our ready-to-teach program on ‘How to Create an Online Course‘. You can combine both to create a longer training or series, especially if you also get our program on how to ‘Launch & Market Your Online Course‘!
Why share or sell ‘How to Teach an Online Course'?
More and more people today are interested in teaching an online course, whether it's recorded, live, or a blend of both.
That's because these virtual training programs provide the opportunity to:
- Teach from wherever you are
- Allow students to learn at their own pace, wherever they are
- Reach a wider, global audience
- Scale your business, so you aren't trading time for money
- Earn passive income
However, not every online course creator is skilled at teaching, even if they know their subject matter inside and out.
And even if they do know how to teach face-to-face, online teaching brings a whole slew of new challenges to deal with.
Then there's the innate fear of teaching via video or live online platforms. Even the most experienced educators stumble when it comes to going virtual.
Luckily, you're going to be there to help them gain confidence in their online teaching ability AND help their students get the best results possible.
You don’t even have to create any of the course content yourself!
With our brandable, Ready-to-Teach (PLR) course materials, you can quickly launch your own program on How to Teach an Online Course in as little as a weekend.
You’ll teach your students or coaching clients how to:
- Develop an online teaching success mindset
- Get to know their online course students and their needs BEFORE they start teaching
- Customize each online course delivery to that group's needs
- Record online course videos that get the right message across
- Run live online course sessions that facilitate maximum interaction and learning
- Support and keep students accountable, so they implement what they learn
- Improve their teaching skills and results with each successive delivery of their online course
Here's what your students' Success Roadmap looks like:
[Check out the Module Overviews below for more details on what you'll cover in the course.]
Our brandable, easy-to-customize program is divided into separate modules so it can be quickly broken up to deliver sections over time – to avoid overwhelm and give time for implementation.
Best of all, everything is editable and rebrandable.
So you can learn from it yourself and take your online teaching skills to new heights,
AND, you can use the same materials to help your audience.
That's because when you purchase a license to our customizable courses, you get the rights to:
- Edit the content any way you want
- Put your name and brand on, and
- Repurpose it into whatever media you want
Then use your new course to…
- Attract a flood of leads for your other products and services
- Expand your reputation as an expert with online courses, webinars, workshops, videos, and more
- Provide resources for your clients to help them get results (and win their lasting devotion)
- Create a nice new income stream with a paid program (it can even run on autopilot)
You'll be helping your audience master the skills they need to deliver exceptional online courses.
And… you'll be adding a major asset to your own business (a course!) that will take it to a whole new level.
Here's what you'll teach in How to Teach an Online Course…
There are 8 modules in the course, an introduction, and concluding action planning. The course can easily be delivered as a self-study eBook, membership site resource, or online course.
Here's an overview of each module's learning outcomes:
You'll start out with an overview of the course and what your students will learn, so that everyone is excited to jump in and get going.
Module 1 – Establish an Online Teaching Mindset for Success
To ensure student results, course creators need to approach online teaching in a certain way.
In Module 1, you'll help your students develop the right mindset for teaching online, so that they're able to get the highest student success rate possible.
Module 2 – Know Your Audience’s Needs and Goals
Teaching should always be a two-way conversation where you engage with your students and identify their unique needs.
In Module 2, you'll show your students ways to get to know their own students in advance and set goals for the course, so they can tailor the content to their students' needs
Module 3 – Customize Your Lesson Plan
Each group of students in an online course is different, and once you've done the research to get to know them, it's important to customize your materials to provide the best possible learning experience.
In Module 3, you'll guide your students on how to revise their course delivery and lesson plan to address the needs of their next student group.
Module 4 – Record Online Course Videos
The best online courses are a mix of recorded video and live sessions, depending on what's being taught. However, teaching via a recorded video requires different skills and techniques than live sessions, since you can't get the same degree of interaction.
In Module 4, you'll show your students the best practice skills for recording their online course videos, so that their students understand key concepts and can implement learning activities.
Module 5 – Teach Live Online Course Sessions
Real-time, live training sessions are where your online courses have the most engagement and interaction. However, this is also where course creators get the most nervous and uncomfortable.
In Module 5, you'll teach your students how to confidently conduct live online course sessions that maximize student engagement, participation, and learning by using proven facilitation skills.
Module 6 – Encourage Engagement and Accountability
One of the main roles of any educator is to keep students motivated, provide support when needed, and encourage student accountability.
In Module 6, you'll show your students how to increase their students' success with assigned learning activities by using the most popular methods for providing support and encouraging accountability.
Module 7 – Gather Feedback
Student feedback and self-assessment are critical to improve the quality of any course, no matter what format it's in.
In Module 7, you'll show your students how to gather feedback, assess results, and decide what they need to do differently in their next online course delivery.
Module 8 – Conclusion and Next Steps
In this final module, you’ll share some tips for moving forward and next steps for your students' online courses.
You’ll also have the opportunity to review the course and have your students plan future action steps, so they can achieve the goals they set for this course.
And to teach the program above, here's exactly what you'll get in the How to Teach an Online Course:
- Course Book (9,409 words, 57 pages) – All the content and activity instructions you need to create a comprehensive self-study eBook, online course, bonus resource, or handout for a live workshop (Value $1997).
- Action Guide (22 pages) – A complete set of worksheets which helps your students take action on what they learn in the Course Book, so you’ll have happy, successful students.
- Essential Presentation and Facilitation Skills – Self-Assessment – To assess current skill level and identify areas for improvement.
- Get to Know Your Audience's Needs and Goals – Pre-Course Survey – To customize and send out to students before the course starts
- Key Components for Delivering an Online Course – Checklist – To make sure you have everything you need to deliver the most effective online course
- Video Recording Checklist – To make sure you have everything you need before, during, and after recording course videos
- Live Online Course Agenda – Customize and use for every live training session
- Summary Cheat Sheet (4,606 words, 31 pages) which includes the main takeaways, key points, and action steps from the course. You and your students can use it as a quick reference to save time, versus having to refer to the course book every time. (TIP: Our customers love using the cheat sheet to identify what they want to customize in the course, and for sales copy snippets.)
- Graphics (25 colorful graphics that are used in the course book and slideshow, .pdf, .ppt & .png). These give a snapshot view of concepts, as well as adding some visual zing.
- Course Overview Infographic – A 1-page at-a-glance visual of the course, so your students always know where they are in their progress (.pptx, .pdf & .png).
- Course Roadmap Infographic – A 1-page at-a-glance visual of their path through the course (.pptx, .pdf & .png).
- Slideshow (164 Slides) – Ready to fire up your recording software or share on webinars, online classrooms, and live presentations or workshops (Takes at least a day to create or $600 to outsource)
- Speaker Notes (in Slide Notes below slides) – Use the script under the slides (in the .pptx) to guide your presentations and recording. Ready to customize for your language
- Diversify and Grow Your Income Suggested Curriculum
- Top Ways to Deliver Your Training Program – Use our tips for picking the best way to deliver your course, based on your audience and your own skills
- Instructions for using your new content – Step-by-step tips for getting started, customizing, and repurposing your content
Lead Generation Materials
- Social Media Posts (10 Tips for sharing on social media) – Use these to get more traffic to your content
Here are just some of the ways you can use How to Teach an Online Course:
- Use a section of the content as a free giveaway to get more email subscribers on your list
- Use the slides and speaking notes to run a webinar. Then follow up with paid coaching or consulting sessions
- Customize and sell your own ecourse and follow it up with additional coaching or more in-depth training on each sub-topic.
- Use sections of the content for an autoresponder series that pre-sells the entire course, all combined as a paid ebook, webinar, or live workshop.
- Use the slides and speaker notes to create a video series for your clients, with the worksheets as downloads to accompany each video.
- Add the content to your paid membership site as a valuable learning resource
- Share the graphics, infographics, and tweets on social media to promote the course (paid or as a lead magnet), or just to drive traffic to your site
- Combine this course with other courses at Content Sparks to create a longer educational series or curriculum
Screenshot previews of all your content in “How to Teach an Online Course“:
Contents are delivered as .docx, pptx and .xls. Images are .pptx, .pdf & .png.
As you can see, Content Sparks products pack in a lot of value.
That’s because as sales and marketing specialists, we develop top-notch material for you.
So you don’t have to spend months to research the topic, narrow down the key points, outline a logical flow, design learning activities, write all the content, develop worksheets and checklists, create the slideshow, design graphics, edit and proofread everything, and make it look professional.
And you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to hire a team to do all of that for you.
Instead, you can easily and quickly create your own product…
With help from a company with a long track record of success…
You can earn more money, work fewer hours, and become the authority in your market.
All for significantly less than trying to do the same thing on your own.
Your Price Today
Here’s How Done-For-You Products From Content Sparks Will Boost Your Revenue
Hi, I’m Sharyn Sheldon, founder of Content Sparks.
After starting my very first online business, I found myself stuck…
I knew that creating my own sales and marketing products would take my new business to the next level…
However, I didn’t have the time to create all of the content myself, and I didn’t have the budget to hire a team to help me.
Then I discovered brandable, done-for-you content.
In month one, I saved $2,000 of my time and EARNED several hundred dollars in commissions.
Still, I noticed that the brandable content I was buying wasn’t designed for learning and getting results. It wasn't written by sales and marketing experts…and it definitely was not all up to my standards.
That's why I created Content Sparks – to provide high-quality, done-for-you sales and marketing courses.
Today our team has created business training programs for Fortune 500 companies and small businesses for over 30 years… courses that gets results.
Just imagine this scenario:
- You have a high-quality, brandable, done-for-you course in just minutes…
- You share or sell the course for a fraction of the cost of starting from scratch…
- You expand your reputation as a go-to resource AND have a source of passive income
In fact, here’s what business owners just like you have to say about Content Sparks:
This is first-rate stuff—highly recommended. Period.”–Daniel Ulin
Again, this is Sharyn Sheldon, and thanks for reading.
I hope you enjoy teaching How to Teach an Online Course, and I’m so excited to see what it’s going to do for your business and for your customers!
Founder, Content Sparks
Our content is the highest quality you'll find…
There's PROOF that Content Sparks products work….
And since it's EASIER to do this than to do it all yourself, why not give it a shot?
Your Price Today
Still not sure? Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions:
What does my license allow me to do with my Content Sparks content?
Your license gives you the rights to edit or cut up the content into sections, combine it with other content, or transform it to other media formats (such as audio, video, graphics, etc).
You can then share or sell the content with paid customers or prospects who have given you contact details.
The exception is the content meant for promotion, such as tweets, blog posts, and graphics. You can publish those freely anywhere on the web to drive traffic to your site and offers.
What am I NOT allowed to do with my Content Sparks content?
You are not allowed to sell or give away a license or the editable files to anyone else. That means you can NOT sell or share the Private Label Rights (PLR), Resell Rights, or Master Resell Rights to anyone.
Also, you are not allowed to publish the content freely on the web where anyone can read or download it, including free membership sites or forums. The exception is promotional materials, as mentioned above. This protects the value of your content.
Do I have to rewrite the content?
You have the option to rewrite it if you choose, but it is not necessary. However, we recommend that you rewrite and add to any web-based content that you want found by search engines (like Google), so that it will rank higher in search engines. Adding value to existing content is also important, such as additional images, examples, stories, or lists of resources. By adding your own personal examples and experience, you'll boost your reputation and credibility exponentially.
What should I charge for the content once I've made it into a product?
Pricing your content is always a challenge and it depends on your own market. Some people charge $97 for a webinar series. Others add it to a $27/month paid membership program each month. And some have charged as much as $1997 for a full training program with coaching added.
Take a look at what competitors and similar businesses are charging in your industry. Then find your own middle ground based on how you want to position yourself.
We recommend that you never charge less than $27, depending on the length of the program, and charge more if you're adding live or video elements. Charge even more if you're adding coaching.
If I want to set up a sales funnel, how do I get started?
We have a number of tutorials and videos in our blog, as well as a list of our favorite resources we use in our own business.
Start by watching these tutorials:
And get ideas for resources to use here:
How can I get help if I need it?
You can always contact our support desk here:
You should expect an answer within 24 hours, except on weekends.