We've all heard it before. Customers buy from companies they know, like, and trust.
Customers also prefer to buy from businesses they respect and relate to.
Your core business values may be one of the driving forces behind your brand, but they're so much more than that.
Your Core Values
The principles by which you operate your business are what attract the right customers. They attract the right employees and motivate them daily. They also attract the right business partners while helping to guide your decision making.
In fact, your core values are what drive your entire business, regardless of what's happening in your market or the economy.
Core business values are the make up of your business's essential DNA and they establish its culture.
While they may sound a little corny or sentimental, values are actually a critical part of your business's success. All the big companies that have stood the test of time have them.
Here are just a few examples:
Me: How I Show Up
- With Pride, Integrity and Humility
We: How We Treat Each Other
- Teamwork, Honesty and providing a Service with LUV
Southwest: How Southwest Succeeds
- Efficiency, Discipline and Excellence
- The courage to shape a better future
- Leverage collective genius
- Be real
- If it is to be, it's up to me
- Committed in heart and mind
- As inclusive as our brands
- What we do, we do well
Give People a Voice
- People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
Promote Economic Opportunity
- Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
Build Connection and Community
- Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy
- We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.
Ready to define your own set of core values?
We've put together an infographic based on content from our course called From Values to Profit.
It will help you identify your core values based on a series of brainstorming questions. Check it out:
You can also find a Big List of Core Values here.
As I said, the infographic is based on information from one of our courses, which you can grab a license to and teach to your own customers and readers. Click below to find out more:
Want to teach others how to identify the core values for their business?
From Values to Profit
Teach Yourself. Then teach your audience.
When you purchase a license to any of our ready-to-teach courses, you get the rights to:
- Edit it any way you want (even create video and audio!)
- Put your name and branding on
- Share with prospects and clients or sell for 100% profit
Let me know any time if you have questions by emailing email@example.com.
Do YOU have a set of core values that drive your business? Please share in the comments.