Everyone wants to earn passive income.
We’d all love to be that person who seems to attract money no matter what they do. The guy that never seems to lift a finger, yet is consistently bringing in revenue from somewhere mysterious (but legal). Or the girl who drifts from beach to beach, sipping cocktails paid for by, well, no one really knows.
But as the old adage goes… there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Despite what we’re led to believe by dodgy Facebook ads promising the kind of life where zero effort results in massive rewards. It just doesn’t work like that.
There's effort involved in creating successful streams of passive income. You have to do some work to get it set up and then maintained, whichever model you choose. The key is in knowing what method will work best with what you already have – especially without taking up a lot of time.
Thankfully there are a few options available to you that mean you can drastically cut down on resources required. And they're extremely affordable. Just use Content Sparks' brandable, done-for-you content to put together a range of passive income streams… in a fraction of the time.
Let’s look at 4 favorite options…
Use sites such as Teachable, Thinkific and Udemy as platforms for you to teach others your expertise. You can create a course on pretty much whatever you like on those platforms. All you have to do is prepare and upload it, and then you can start selling to students immediately. You don’t have to do too much after the initial set up because all of the content of the course is pre-prepared.
With self-paced, recorded courses, students will join and work their way through lessons at their own speed, so it’s not like you’ll have to take time out of your day to host classes.
To create Online Courses with brandable content:
- Divide your done-for-you course book up into separate lessons within larger modules
- Tailor language and examples to make it relevant to your specific audience
- Create videos of yourself teaching the course to make it more dynamic, or use the slides to create slideshow videos
- Use done-for-you worksheets and resources for pdf downloads
- Charge students a premium for courses with multimedia or extra support, like video and audio versions or a Facebook Group
- Use part of it as a lead magnet to encourage people to buy the full course
Don't forget to put your branding on everything too!
eBooks are along the same lines as an online course. Creating an eBook from your Content Sparks content isn’t just a great way of drawing in passive income. Publishing any kind of book gives you the extra benefit of expanding your reputation as an expert in your field.
As the content is already created with brandable content, all you really need to do it spend a little time making things your own. Here's how to put together eBooks with done-for-you content:
- Tweak wording and examples to make it directly relevant to your audience
- Use your branding throughout the eBook to ensure that it’s associated with you
- Create an eCover that would be relevant to your audience
- Add a story or two of your own, or anything you feel is missing
- Once you're happy with everything, save it as a pdf, upload, and set up a sales page.
Now all you have to do is drive traffic to that page, or try offering the eBook as an entry-level paid product for people who don't want to buy something bigger yet.
Passive Income Streams Within Your Content
In addition to using your done-for-you content to create paid products, you can also include passive income extras within what you publish. One of the most successful methods of doing this is to use affiliate marketing. Set yourself up as an affiliate for products or services that your audience might be interested in, and include those links within your content.
To get started with affiliate marketing:
- Join affiliate market places to find the right products for your customer base
- Sign up to be an affiliate for any tools, programs, or other resources you use in your business
- Create a list of recommended resources as a bonus in your courses and eBooks (with affiliate links)
- Send out affiliate recommendations as a P.S. in follow-up emails to your leads and customers
- Recommend helpful affiliate products in your social media groups
- Include affiliate links where relevant in other instances of your published content (like lead magnets and blog posts)
IMPORTANT: Make sure that anything you recommend is something you yourself would use. If you start recommending junk products or bad services, you’ll find your reputation could be damaged beyond repair.
Use Your Content as an Introduction
At the end of the day, it’s those big sales that are going to bring you a substantial income. If your sales funnel is designed for achieving a specific goal, use your content to nudge people along and make it happen with zero input from you, (aside from the initial set-up, of course).
Include a Call-to-Action within your content to push people in the right direction once they're done digesting it. A well thought-out CTA can mean the difference between a big sale and never hearing from a potential customer again. Learn a little more about creating the perfect CTA here.
To use your done-for-you content as an introduction to paid offers:
- Repurpose content for different parts of your sales funnel to boost conversions, educating people on your topic in a variety of places and media formats
- Create a bonus to add into a larger program and encourage a sale
- Offer ‘content upgrades' within blog posts to attract leads for specific products, including links to your products within that lead magnet.
- Create educational content that then promotes other people’s products and services to make an affiliate commission.
When it comes to generating passive income using the weapons that you have in your content arsenal, you’re only really limited by your imagination. The most important thing to remember is that value = revenue, since your audience is actively looking for quality, relevant content. This is the stuff that really converts, so use what you have at your disposal with done-for-you content and adapt it to your needs.
Want more ideas for how to profit from your content?
We've created a nice big list of different ways you can use brandable, done-for-you content to grow your income, (and your reputation). Click on the link below to get the free download.
Want to learn more AND teach others how to find quick places to add income to your business?
When you purchase one of our brandable packages, you get a license to:
- Edit it any way you want
- Put your name and brand on it
- Share with prospects or sell for 100% profit
Check it out and let us know if you have any questions!